I've been working on a new system for doing combat after playing Lancer with a group locally. I think Lancer is a fine system, I like kitting out those robots, but the combat runs long, because the turns are long, so maybe you get one turn every hour or so, so I wanted a system with FAST TURNS so you get to do more stuff!
So I wrote a scrappy little combat system, that can work as a bag on the side of another game. It could replace the combat in BLADES in THE DARK which (I find) is a bit thin, for example. SCAMP is very general purpose in this way, it doesn't specify the form of the weapons and powers that the players are using, so that it can work for fantasy or scifi or what have you. So here's the current draft, I'd very much like some feedback on it, its shaping up into something that I think I might like to publish.
SCAMP, the game where you do one thing on your turn
SCAMP doesn't really have any opinion about the part of the game what is not combat. But I also wrote a little solo RPG to test it with, which will help if you want to present an adventure for just one player or really with as many as you like, probably. I like the idea of nesting games that work either together or in isolation, so you could run SCAMP on its own or attach different story modules to it.
Anyway here's the other game I've been working on, this one has a lot of chatGPT text, its just a thin client to put some structure around the out of combat parts of the game. but it has good bones I think.
GRIMWORLDR BRAMBLEVALE
I like the ghost bag mechanic that I've presented there, which gives you a fun system for interacting with spirits.
Anyway those are some RPG fragments that I've been working on recently, I hope you can make use of these, they are small but powerful apparatuses and it brings me pleasure to be able to present them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment